Thinking of kitchen ideas can be both overwhelming and exciting. Most families today lead a fast paced life, always rushing and living on the edge type of lifestyle. Why not think of building or redecorating your kitchen and turn it into something inviting and gives you and your family that cozy, family and homey feeling? Sure it's something everyone looks forward to go home to after a busy day.
Give yourself a wonderful weekend retreat right in your very own country kitchen. It's the type of kitchen that's casual and warm for you and your family or friends to enjoy mealtimes, have a chit chat or just enjoying your cup of coffee.
There is a variety of country kitchen decors that you can buy that would easily blend with your existing decor. Here are some tips for country kitchen ideas:
- Wood cabinets are the trademark of a country kitchen and mostly of natural color with glass front doors, wooden pantry boxes and rolling pins.
- Country crockery and glassware, sponge ware crocks, bowls, mugs, old quilts or vintage linens and fabrics that matches your kitchen curtains adds color to the natural wood cabinetry and furniture.
- Wooden racks are also used as open storage for plates and pots. It is very practical and provides easy at the same time very decorative.
- Use jars of different sizes and lengths, colorful pottery, old stoneware crocks to hold utensils and baskets for veggies and fruits.
- Build freestanding storage cupboards where you can also display some of your country collectibles. In a country kitchen, storage spaces are also used as decor.
- Sunflowers and rooster themes on country rags, towels or tale cloths adds a strong touch for that country feel
- Use patterned wall papers with country print or warm colors on the wall.
- Add an old fashioned furniture like a wooden bench adds character to your country kitchen.
- Tin buckets whether plain, colored or printed is also prominent in a country kitchen.
- You may also want to add a copper pot hanger and a copper chandelier.
- Instead of throwing it, use old cookware for planters on your porch to add country charm to your curb appeal.
- To add a more rustic feel, place some dried flower and pine cones on a basket or tin cans; you may also choose to hang dried flower wreath
Country decorating surely gives you a homey atmosphere. Rustic style reminds you of that country life you grew up with. What a great opportunity to make use of valuable hand me down items like your grandma's favorite quilted table cloth or linens printed with pastoral themes.
In today's modern country decorating you can find a few changes in colors, textures and materials but you can still retain that definitive characteristic of country living like the use of mismatched chairs and chunky wooden table. It is just a matter of creatively incorporating traditional elements to your design whether it's French, Tuscan or American just by changing color schemes and keeping you old and timeless collection of country decor items to bring your kitchen ideas to life.