As kitchens strengthen their right to the title, having dethroned the living room as the new heart of homes, kitchen remodeling continues to be among the most popular and beneficial home improvement projects there is. When undertaking such home improvement, one of the major features that is mostly involved is the cabinetry. So if you are planning on getting new kitchen cabinets for your remodeling projects, here are top ideas to help you out.
When it comes to kitchen cabinets, you can choose to have them custom-made like homeowners traditionally have done; pre-assembled stock or semi-stock; or ready-to-assemble which like the second choice can be readily bought at stores but will still need some effort on your part to be constructed before installation. There are various factors to consider when choosing among the 3. And it pays to weigh the pros and cons before deciding to get the best value for your remodeling money.
RTA Kitchen Cabinets
You might be wondering why this choice highlighted. And here are some of the reasons why RTA kitchen cabinets are such smart remodeling ideas:
- For a fraction of the cost, you can easily realize the kitchen of your dreams.
- Ready-to-assemble cabinetry is the perfect DIY. Without the hefty cost of labor, you can enjoy a considerable cutback on your remodeling budget.
- With RTA cabinets, you can choose from a very wide array of variety when it comes to door and drawer front styles, sizes, make, construction, and finishes. This allows homeowners to get the best fitting collection for the current design and space available.
- With faster and cheap shipping, your remodeling project will not only bring you a lot of savings but will also be finished in the fastest possible time.
Exploring Your Options
Depending on the size of your kitchens or the layout that you wan to pursue with your remodeling project, your cabinetry may be made up of various kinds and these are some of the popular options:
- Hanging Kitchen Cabinets. This is a common sight with many kitchens and these are used to maximize the unused area above the countertops. When properly hanged, these can easily become centerpieces of the room.
- Base Cabinet Units. These are the storage found under the sink and where the countertops are mounted on. Together with wall-mounted or hanging these cabinet units; ensuring that everything is level, straight and plumb makes installation a lot easier.
- Free-standing Cabinets. These probably are the fastest and easiest addition to your remodeling project. Free standing, no installation is needed and the cabinet piece or pieces can be moved from place to place, time and again as the homeowner deem fit. Coming in various shapes and sizes, this can also prove to be a stylish design focal point especially those with display glasses and the perfect solution to your specific remodeling needs.
- Corner Kitchen Cabinets. These options both have their perks as well as disadvantages. Though much harder to install, these remodeling ideas can prove to be a helpful addition to storage as well as creating a better look for kitchens.