Amerock handles and knobs are some of the best hardware and most reasonably priced in the kitchen industry, especially if you choose the styles that are protected by Amerock's Guardian Lifetime Finish.
I have Amerock hardware throughout my home. As a testimonial, those handles and knobs have been in my home for over 8 years and not one is tarnished. Again, make sure to get handles or knobs with Amerock's Guardian Lifetime Finish guarantee. It's easy to keep the handles and knobs clean too. I just wash with warm water and a mild soap (like Dawn Dishwashing Liquid). The Dawn helps cut through the grease that's going to accumulate on your kitchen hardware too.
Top 10 Reasons to Choose Amerock Kitchen Hardware:
- Their handles and knobs just feel good to grip and have ample room for fingers.
- They have literally thousands of handles and styles, plus dozens of finishes to choose from.
- They have several appliance pulls to choose from if you need them.
- Again, the Guardian Lifetime Finish - is guaranteed never to tarnish. Look for these handles if you plan on staying in your home a while and don't want to be replacing handles do to tarnishing.
- All Amerock kitchen hardware is guaranteed to be free of defects.
- They come with 8/32" x 1" screws for installation.
- A few of their most popular styles of kitchen knobs have been developed into passage and privacy door knobs and levers for your home (Amerock Ensembles Collection).
- Finally, the company has been around since 1929 and are part of the Newell Rubbermaid Company. They've been around a long time, and if you need to match handles and knobs that you get today with something you'll purchase or build in the future, they'll most likely have the same handle or knob, or a good match.
How to Easily Pick out Handles or Knobs.
First, you should select a finish that you'd like to go with. For example, polished brass or oil rubbed bronze. Make sure it's something that will fit your decor.
Next, choose a style or design, such as contemporary, casual, European, etc.
Then, you need to decide what size meets your needs. Most handles have 3" centers (from mid-hole to mid-hole). If you are replacing hardware, you will need to know what size you have now. You can use backplates to coverup holes if you need to, as well as use knobs in handle holes (i.e. have two knobs 2 3/4" apart if you can't find any 2 3/4" handles that you like).
Finally, choose what you like. What looks great to you and what feels right are what you should get. If you don't, you'll end up replacing your hardware and spending up to several hundred dollars and a lot time again!
You can purchase Amerock kitchen hardware from several sources online, like The Woodworkers Depot, or from your local hardware or home center.